Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

value glasses customers beware!!!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglasses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2sillyac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:08 pmFeb 18, 2006    Post subject: value glasses customers beware!!!

Evil or Very Mad BEWARD if you are going to order from this company. I ordered in december and was told 10 days, that came and went, then finally after 3 attempts to contact them, they finally contacted me back. I was promised a free 2nd pair of glasses for my wait time. The next 10 days came and went!! Now i can't get ahold of anyone, their phone # box is always full so you can't leave a message and they don't answer your emails. I am thankful that i paid with paypal, because they finally reembursed me my money. So if you really need glasses, avoid this site!!!!!!!!! Idea
jps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:10 pmMar 05, 2006    Post subject:

Sorry to hear of your difficulty. I just had cataract surgery and need new glasses desparately, so I went to Lenscrafters (and I don't even want to THINK about how much they whacked me for lenses alone). Once I'm satisfied that my new prescription is OK (read on), I'll be purchasing more pairs online.

Going to a local retailer is no guarantee of quality, however. I got my lenses, and still uncomfortable with them 4 days later, went back and had them check them. I was told "they're three degrees off, which isn't much, but is enough to notice". So, I have to wait another week for more lenses. I hope they'll be better; if not, I'll have to go back to my doctor to figure out what's going on.

At least I've got one eye seeing 20/20 Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 amApr 10, 2006    Post subject: Problems with Valueglasses

Wish I'd found this site before I ordered. I also cannot get any response from them. Ordered 23 march and got quick confirmation of the order (and charge to my credit card). After 12 days with no further information, I started trying to reach them. No answer to emails, phone sounds like it is a fax.

I'm going to wait until I actually receive my CC bill; if I still haven't received, will get the CC company to deal with them.

Agree with the BEWARE warning, though I'm slightly heartened by the post from the person who received theirs in mid March.

EAM
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglasses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.