Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Registration is now required to post.

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:55 pmJun 24, 2006    Post subject: Registration is now required to post.

Unfortunately, the forums have been hit by spam-bots twice in one week. Banning the IP's hasn't had much of an effect, and while I do try to keep on top of spam/etc, I quite honestly don't have the time needed to monitor the boards 24/7 (or to the extent needed to keep them spam free) . Being able to post without registering was great while it lasted, but alas, the time has come for it to end.

Therefore, as of now, registration is required to post. If you have some great input but don't want to register for whatever reason, feel free to contact me at eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com, and I'll stick it up here or on the site. I'd also of course suggest passing along your experiences to others on local bulletin boards you may already be registered at to help them out with their own purchase decisions.

Thanks again, and sorry for the inconvenience of now having to register to post.
Noucom

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:13 pmMay 30, 2007    Post subject:

thanks for the activation Smile
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pmMar 15, 2008    Post subject:

Update: Registration over the site is now completely disabled. If you'd like to post something, please email me at eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com with a desired username, and I'll set up an account for you to post on.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.