Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Premium Anti Radiation Multi-coating?

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:34 amApr 28, 2006    Post subject: Premium Anti Radiation Multi-coating?

Out of all the retailers reviewed in this site, this is the only retailer that offers this feature. Supposely, this blocks ELF/VLF radiation, is this any good for my eyes? Has anyone ordered a pair with this coating? Or is this just a way to rake in more money?

Thanks
robbiemaddren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:29 amAug 17, 2006    Post subject: Anti Radiation Coatings

Yes they do work but they are only useful if you spend a lot of time in front of a Normal CRT computer Monitor or close to a TV. If you have a LCD Monitor it is a waste of time adding this extra coating as LCD Monitors put out very little Radiation. I have only found two internet sites that offer this coating and none of my local optometrists offer this coating. Normally if you can find a Optometrist/Store that offers this coating you would be looking at $100-$300 extra, so O4L have a good deal at only $29. Basically being close to a CRT Monitor exposes your eyes to a lot of Radiation which can lead to eyesight problems. Most people buy a anti-glare and anti radiation screen to put on front of there monitor to stop the harmful radiation and the glare. They are $5 each in NZ.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.