Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Read before Registering!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:22 amJan 21, 2007    Post subject: Read before Registering!

After registering, you MUST EMAIL ME at [email]eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com[/email] before your account will be activated. Something to the effect of "[b]Hi. My username is User123 (or whatever your username is). Please activate my account on the forums[/b]" is sufficient.

This is being done because of bots that auto-register themselves. I now have to manually activate each account, but since I usually get 10-20 bots trying to register each day, I need a way to distinguish real users from the bots. Sending me a short email with your username allows me to do this.

[i]Again, after registering, send an email to eyeglassretailerreviews@gmail.com and put your username somewhere in the email, and I'll activate your account.[/i]

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Goggles4u All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.