Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

EyeGlass World was a terrible experience

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeGlassesWorld
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverAgain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:29 pmMar 23, 2006    Post subject: EyeGlass World was a terrible experience

I had my eyes examined at EyeGlassWorld a few days ago. For 3 days I got the run-around with regard to my prescription and lenses. The tech read my glasses wrong, the Optometrist prescribed the wrong power for the bifocals as well as the contacts. On the third day, after more of a run-around, I requested a full refund of over $300. They wouldn't refund the cost of the exam, even though the prescription had been changed 3 or 4 times and several mistakes were made with regard to the strength. I don't think anyone remembered what was supposed to be on the prescription. In the end, they handed me a prescription with a strength for contacts that had been determined to be incorrect along with a prescription for the glasses that did not work for me the first time around.

Even though I'm out the $80 for the exam, I felt it was time to cut my losses and go elsewhere. Had I waited to get the second glasses, I was afraid they would still be incorrectly prescribed and I'd had an even longer wait for glasses. I didn't mention the horrible job done at their lab for the first glasses.

They may advertise a certain price and may even chase you out to your car because the "manager" heard you were having such difficulty and wanted to give you the best deal you can find anywhere. They smile widely as they sink their teeth into your wallet.

After they agreed to a refund (minus the exam), the door was literally slammed into my arm on the way out. I would have filed charges against the employee but that would have meant another $20 for the warrant, not to mention extending an already horrible experience.

I've condensed the entire 3 days but there were many several other problems related to miscommunication between the eye doctor, technicians, sales persons and lab.

Never Again will I go to this type of place for my vision needs. Crying or Very sad
hund_

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:55 pmMay 29, 2006    Post subject:

actually that is a different company than EyeGlassesWorld Cool
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> EyeGlassesWorld All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.