Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

Valueglasses buying experience

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglasses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:03 pmMar 18, 2006    Post subject: Valueglasses buying experience

I just got my glasses from valueglasses. It took about a month, but it finally arrived. I thought I would get my glasses in 10-15 days (as it says in the order confirmation email), but I think that since I ordered high-index 1.67 lenses it took much longer. Anyways, I'm just glad I got the glasses I ordered. It was the best price I could find for 1.67 lenses with the frames I wanted. Total price was about $75, which is almost equal to what some places charge for second-rate AR coating alone.

The quality of the glasses are very good. I bought these as a backup pair to my overpriced lindbergh rim titanium glasses that cost me $400 online, but these glasses I just got are very well made. True, I just got them, but I'm very impressed with the build quality from what I can tell. I actually see better with these glasses (same prescription as the more expensive pair), maybe it's just the shape of the frame? In any case, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I just wish valueglasses would've kept me in the loop about the processing time for my particular glasses/frame combo.
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> VALUEglasses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.