Forum Archive

You're at the forum archive. The forums were taken down years ago due to some unfortunate astroturfing attempts by a couple retailers. At the time, I was very concerned about exposing readers to a bunch of input-that-might-be-fake, or creating a situation where the well-behaved retailers were at a disadvantage.

However, because a number of readers had posted helpful comments & reviews, and I didn't want to see it all vanish into oblivion permanently, I kept a backup around. What you're seeing now is that backup (almost 7 years old now - don't ask how I managed to get it running again...). Things are a bit scattered, and you can't post anything new (the buttons have all been disabled), but the original content is here if you're interested.

CUSTOMERS BEWARE!

EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hurstbrook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:12 pmDec 27, 2006    Post subject: CUSTOMERS BEWARE!

I ordered my first pair of glasses from optical4less end of September after reading good reviews. After placing the order, I noticed I had input my prescription details wrongly, got my left and right lens mixed up. I e-mailed optical4less within 10 hours (their website states any changes to be notified within 24hours). They eventually replied to my 3rd e-mail, saying I was too late. I resent my 1st message and they acknowledged they did receive it, but the lab did not accept the amendment although it was within the specified time frame. They asked me to pay another £10, which I reluctantly agreed to do. I then received the glasses after 3 weeks, but noticed the lenses had not been cut to fit the frame properly. There was a significant gap between the lens and the frame on both sides, worse on the right lens because I could slot a piece of paper through. I mailed optical 4less and received a response from Fiona, who asked me to take photos so she could show them to the lab people. I did so accordingly, then Fiona asked me to send the glasses back to them. I sent the packet by registered mail, which should take maximum 10 working days. Although I kept chasing to see if they had received them back, Fiona only eventually confirmed a week after they arrived. So now I am assuming my glasses will be repaired and I have been chasing since 1st November, but to no avail. They have had my glasses back for over 2 months and I have not had a single response to my numerous e-mails. The last 2 e-mails I sent have requested a refund seeing that the glasses were faulty and they claim to provide a 30-day guarantee. I am fighting a losing battle as they already have my money so do not care. Mad Crying or Very sad
jps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 amDec 28, 2006    Post subject:

File a dispute with your credit card company. Provide a timeline with details: when you ordered, what you paid, what you received and what is wrong with it, copies of email correspondence, etc.
hurstbrook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:28 pmDec 28, 2006    Post subject: customers beware

will try that and see what happens. thanks for tip.
hurstbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 amJan 17, 2007    Post subject: customers beware

thanks jps, used your advice and money has just been refunded to my account!
EyeglassRetailerReviews.com Forum Index -> Optical4less All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Finished with the forums? Click here to head back to the main Eyeglass Retailer Reviews site.